Sue

Sue
Inspirational Woman of the year award

Sunday 25 March 2018

I want to be like you!



  I want to be that person!

I want to be the person on my timeline who is a celebrity hairdresser and cuts the hair of the homeless people near him, because he wanted to do something to "payback" in  his addiction recovery.

I want to be the person who quietly gets on with helping any addict that crosses his path.

I want to be like Big Kev, who is taking his real life message into schools and prisons in Scotland.

I want to be the person who thought up the idea of planting edible plants for people to help themselves to at the Town House in Kirkcaldy.



I want to be the person who created the "pay it forward"  scheme in the cafe. 



I want to be the person in the flower shop in Barnsley who thought of asking people to "pay it forward" so that people without money could send flowers to the  funeral of someone they loved.



I want to be one of the marathon runners that are running for their favourite causes.

The person who has their head  shaved for a friend going through chemotherapy.



The person who donates a kidney to their brother or sister.



I want to be the member of AA who makes it part of their recovery to do a good turn for someone every day without being  found out



I want to be one of the prison officers who have their legs waxed to raise funds for a colleague who has been attacked and injured.

I want to be like my husband who will go and spend a day doing a watercolour workshop for the patients in a hospice.

I want to be the woman who bakes  cakes for cancer research

The one who knits endless squares for blankets .

I want to be the one who collects money so that young girls with no money can have sanitary protection, and regain their dignity.

I want to be like my daughter who organised 200 big strong builders to write messages of encouragement behind the plasterboards in the operating theatre they were building in the Marsden cancer hospital. And then continued to  raise money for that hospital.

I want to be the humanist who is simply being good without god!

I want to be one of these wonderful, inspirational generous, humble people that I meet or teach every day.

   I want to be like you!

1 comment:

  1. I think you should stay being you, Sue! A person who is able to rise above their own past torments to map out a pathway for others to follow. Barring a disaster, I'm just about invincible now but there were times when I was floundering & looking around for 'role models' to get to the next level of recovery. You were one of the folk on my secular 'altar of influences'. I've shot past my 'recovery targets' but I remember the leg up I got from you & from others. If anyone had told me 10 years ago that I'd become the person I am now, I'd have thought it was a tasteless joke. But it's happened for me & if this 'miracle' can happen to me, it can happen to anybody. I hope you carry on being you, and continue to inspire people to Rise above their traumatic pasts and blast a new neural pathway to Bliss. Because although Anger Is An Energy: Joy Is The Best Revenge. May the road rise with you..  Andy

    ReplyDelete