Sue

Sue
Inspirational Woman of the year award

Monday 5 March 2018


While going through all my old blogs, the ones that were seemingly "lost" I have realised that over seven years of writing them, I have changed my mind about so many things! 

I  believe that is exactly how it should be, as we grow and learn, we often need to discard old firmly held opinions! (what do they say about opinions and a...holes? everyone has got one!) 


 There are a few  things however, that I still feel as strongly about, so I will properly archive those, and very deftly draw a line under the ones that now make me cringe! It is a bit like discovering your old teenage diaries! 

So there are now 247 of the damn things! archived by  "years" on the right of this blog! I didn't realise I'd had so much to spout about! 


Recovery is still my absolute passion, from addiction, from abuse, in fact from all traumas, including indoctrination and brainwashing from the catholic church! No matter how much I learn or how old I have got, that is an absolute constant!

And it has been good for me to  look at the subject of change, I am always a little wary of it. 

I recently had cause to see  photograph of someone I knew many years ago, who had a real "bad boy" reputation, (and it was well deserved!) However, this recent photograph of him is of a rather benign looking elderly gentleman, surrounded by his smiling grandchildren! Couldn't have looked or sounded less like his younger self.

Which gives me some hope! I guess that during my years of being mentally  and emotionally disturbed, and through the "drinking" years, I was a pretty sick ticket! 
I would hope that anyone who shudders at that memory would see a huge change in me too! 

Nothing stays the same.



No comments:

Post a Comment