Sue

Sue
Inspirational Woman of the year award

Monday 5 March 2018

January 28th 2018



Today would have been my Nick's fiftieth birthday, but as you know he died ten days before his twentieth.

I am quite sure he would have been by now surrounded by his own children(he adored children) maybe even grandchildren! But for us he will be forever nineteen, handsome, kind, complex, naughty, funny irreverent! I won't say happy birthday, that would be ridiculous, but I will say I love you Nick, and miss you desperately.
I was going to put all this in a blog, but I can't get into my blogger account (I blame the bloody vatican!) So I will write it here instead.
I always try and help where I can, I have a few favourite charities , as I am sure you all do.
Once in a while one really resonates with me, and this has happened with one of my dear FB friend's Susan's foundation.
It is called "Malcolm Childrens' Foundation." and the link is here.
I cannot bear to think of these mother's pain, knowing that their babies will not survive because they live in a part of the world where lifesaving treatment is not available.Also knowing that if they lived elsewhere they could be having life saving, but to us routine surgery.
Nick would have felt heartbroken too, so in his name I will be supporting my friend Susan and this foundation.Could any of you do the same? you Mums must only be able to imagine what this is like. Can we Mums get involved? And everyone else too. (April this sounds like one for you!)
Nick would have been the first one wanting to help.
malcolmchildrensfoundation.wordpress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment