Sue

Sue
Inspirational Woman of the year award

Friday 19 October 2018





I think there are two faces of "me"! 
It might be argued that there are many more! But for the time being I am just thinking about the two that fight!!

On the one hand, there is the wife the Mother the Grandmother, the therapist, the teacher, the activist and recovery banner waver, the person who wants to be the best version of me I can be, and to heal the world! 

And the other is one who wants to burn it down!
The one who would like to see all  predatory priests castrated (without anaesthetic!) and locked away for life, who  would like to see the pope and all his minions doing a life sentence of hard labour, cold and hungry and neglected. Giving back all their ill gotten gains and compensating ALL of their victims properly for  destroyed lives.

The one who has always said that if I knew I didn't have much longer to live,  I would go immediately to the church that spawned all my nightmares and terrors, in the arse end of Lincolnshire,  and set fire to it! 

I would go to where my ex husband imagines  he is well hidden, and break his jaw! (not a lot ask after all the beatings he gave me!)

This  one  still has a loud  primal scream inside her!


I love this old Cherokee anecdote about the two wolves. I will keep on trying to feed the one that is the BEST version of me, because I fear if the other one takes over all hell would break loose!
(But perhaps it is OK to have a little of both!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment